Our firm identifies the purpose of collecting, using, and disclosing personal information, either before or at the time of collection. These purposes may include:
- To ensure that information about you is accurate and up-to-date
- To verify identity, including as a protection against fraud or misrepresentation
- To set up, administer, deliver, and maintain the products and services for which you have been enrolled, such as group or individual benefit plans
- To understand you and your needs in order to offer suitable services, products, and/or support, including to determine your eligibility for services and products
- To respond to inquiries
- To communicate with you about products or services that you have, that you have requested information about, and/or that may be of interest to you
- To comply with regulatory and/or legal requirements
We collect, use, and disclose personal information only with consent when you apply for, accept, or are enrolled into a new product or service. Consent may be provided in writing, verbally, or through an authorized representative. Consent may be withdrawn at any time, in accordance with legal and contractual restrictions, obligations, and reasonable notice. Without your consent, we may not be able to provide you with services or products.
We only collect personal information which is absolutely necessary for the purposes identified. We may collect this personal information from you directly, or indirectly from sources that may include your union/employer/association, your plan sponsor, insurer carriers, or your authorized representative. We may collect information through your interactions with us, including the monitoring or recording of telephone calls, online chats, or use of our website and portals. You may choose not to provide us with information, but this may prevent us from providing you with products, services, or information. Personal information may vary, depending on the service or product. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Identifying information such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, employee/union/membership ID
- Financial information such as salary, income, assets and liabilities, and banking information in order to provide products and services that meet your needs and to deliver benefits and pension services
- Family information, including information about your spouse, dependent children, and beneficiaries
- Health, medical, or lifestyle information which may be required for insurance products or other services
- Marketing preferences if you have elected to subscribe to our promotional communications
- Feedback about our products and services
Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
Our firm and its employees limit the use, disclosure, and retention of personal information, and will only use and retain the information for the reason it was collected, unless you consent to other uses. Our firm may also provide your information to the entities involved in delivering products or services to which you are entitled or enrolled, which may include:
- Insurers, carriers, advisors, underwriters, claims processors, or claims adjudicators to service benefit plans
- Pension trust funds, investment or mutual fund companies and custodians for retirement plans and investment services
- Financial institutions to facilitate payments
- Healthcare services, including virtual care and prescription providers, where group or individual benefit plans include such services
- Technology service providers
- Regulators or other authorities to comply with regulatory and legal requirements
Whether or not they are located in Canada, we have established contractual agreements with service providers or third-party partners which require all information provided be safeguarded and used only for the purpose for which it was provided. We will only retain personal information for as long as it is absolutely necessary, including to accomplish the purpose for which it was collected, and as needed for authorized, legitimate, or legal purposes.
Our firm strives to ensure that the information we possess is accurate and up-to-date. You have the right to request that your personal information be amended as appropriate for accuracy and completeness.
We protect the security and confidentiality of personal information. We have implemented safeguards—including technical, physical, administrative, and contractual measures—in order to protect personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized access, and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
These privacy principles are available to clients, the public, and the Chief Compliance Officer if necessary.
An individual may request to be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information. We will provide appropriate access to this information if requested by the individual and in accordance with applicable law. An individual may request that we change personal information, and we will endeavor to do subject to legal limitations.
Our firm will investigate any complaints concerning the handling of the personal information, and will act on any such complaints where necessary. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at: email@example.com, or write to us:
ATTN: Privacy Officer
Comprehensive Benefit Solutions
2020 Winston Park Drive, Suite 102
Oakville, ON L6H 6X7
If you would like more information with regards to Privacy Legislation, contact the Federal Privacy Office.